1- I went to Morocco. Which, as disgusting as Casablanca was, I'm actually very glad that I went and had a great time with the three other girls that came along. Kay was obviously freaking out the entire time I was there, and she probably should have been considering that the second we stepped out of the cab to go check-in at the hostel, we stepped into one of the sketchiest areas of the city, Old Medina. There were nothing but men walking around. Old, creepy, Muslim men who just gawked at all four of us like we had seven eyes or something. Luckily, I didn't have more than 2 seconds to stare back before Austen grabbed me and pulled me inside like she was saving me from a bullet or something. It was inside that we began hyperventilating and wondering WHERE IN THE WORLD we had just gotten dropped off. Luckily, everything worked out okay and we spent the day Saturday walking around and touring the Mosque (which, by the way, was absolutely beautiful yet absolutely sickening considering that the 600 million dollar structure stands right beside the Muslim slums- awesome). But, rest assured that we did not blend in with the crowd and were compete freak shows to the Muslim people the entire weekend. Upon landing in Valencia on Sunday night after a 5 hour delay in Casablanca, I was ready to kiss the tarmac.
| At the market buying Moroccan shoes |
![]() |
| The Mosque |
2- I went to Ibiza, aka: the party capital of the world. If I could just tell you how many times Kay Leonard sent me emails that said "please be careful," I totally would, but then it would just get annoying and you would have to suffer the same pain as me. Just kidding mom- sort of. But we really were careful and it was a ton of fun. With a total of ten of us from our group, we definitely made sure to have a good time and to enjoy both the nightlife and the beautiful beaches. We spent the majority of the day in Ibiza City on Saturday and climbed an old castle-isque thing that overlooks the Mediterranean Sea. It was so beautiful. And, obviously, we danced all night long at one of the biggest and most well known nightclubs in the world, Amnesia, where the band MIKA played in concert.
| MIKA! |
3- On top of seeing Europe, I have also taken on another passion other than traveling and spending as much of my parents money as possible: European fashion. The style and clothes here are the best in the world and it is extremely difficult for me to walk into a store without finding something that I like. I'm having to learn to look and not to touch. Lace tops, boyfriend pants, gypsy pants, flats and sandals, geeez it's like a rare form of heaven on earth over here.
4- Now, I am just stuck doing school work (which is way too much Spanish) and trying to soak up as much of Valencia that I possibly can considering that I only have 2 more weeks here. Yesterday we went to the aquarium with everyone and saw a legit dolphin show. That may have been the only cool thing about it, unfortunately. But it saved me from the wrath of Sergio and his massive amounts of "easy" homework.
Can't believe that I head back to Carolina in 2 weeks. I know my mom is chomping at the bit to see me, but I really could just stay here another 2 months. I love it and don't want to go! I think the only person I miss is Sophie- and she doesn't even count considering that she's not even a person. Just kidding.
Gotta go finish my tarea (homework). Hope this is a sufficient enough of a post considering that I received an email the other day that explicitly told me to "update my blog, people are getting bored with the old posts you leave up there." Whoopsies. Hasta luego, mis amigos...


No comments:
Post a Comment