Tuesday, June 28, 2011

the past three days

After spending ALL day lost on Saturday (literally aimlessly walking around the island for about 4 hours- no busses, no taxies, and not a soul in sight) and roasting in the Mediterranean sun, dinner was served at Hotel du Cap. Unfortunately, both Austen's and my own pockets were too empty to have dinner on the main floor, so we settled for the grill menu below and a bottle of French wine. Delicious.

Sunday was spent in Monaco, where we saw the palace and gambled in Casino Royale. It was awesome. Monte Carlo is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. A lot of the area was preparing for Price Albert's wedding, so we visited at a perfect time.

Yesterday. Was. Miserable. After flying the European airline, easyJet, it has been determined that easyJet's name is so deceiving that it's sick. Flying from Nice to Liverpool and then to Barcelona, easyJet screwed both myself and my pocketbook. Hope they enjoy those extra euros. We finally arrived in Barcelona around 10pm, showered and went to dinner, and were home by 2am where we crashed until around 1pm this afternoon. Call the day wasted, but my sleep schedule is so out of whack that I probably could have slept until tomorrow afternoon.

Apologizes for the lack of pictures, I am currently sitting in the pinkest hotel room I have ever seen (the toilet is even trimmed in pink) in downtown Barcelona with the worst WiFi service ever, so my pictures won't load. Ridiculous.

Valencia is Thursday!! Not sure how exactly I'm getting there yet... but all in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment