until I experienced the south of France. I thought I was in love with Paris, but after being here a mere 20 hours, I now wish that I was a filthy rich celebrity so that I could actually afford a plot of land in this piece of heaven.
That night, Austen and I decided to go out with friends we had met in the city to say goodbye. A quick "goodbye" turned into staying out until 3 am, only to walk back into the apartment, grab our packed bags, and catch the cab to the airport. A tearful Mama Kay saw us off, her flight back to the United States leaving a few hours after ours to Nice. I'm hoping that she made it back to North Carolina in one piece, especially since I was no longer there to babysit her and to move her smoothly through airport security. She thought that she needed to take care of me and boss me around, when in actuality, the roles were completely reversed.
After the worst plane ride of my life, we finally arrived in Nice. One foot off the plane and I changed my fabulous "I'm moving to Paris" idea to "I'm moving to the south of France." It is so beautiful here. Everyone is so laid back and friendly. Today, we ate lunch right on the water. Literally. My toes were in the sand and people were laying out on beach chairs a whole 5 feet from our table. And, there were so many topless women. Almost an uncountable number. Unfortunately, the majority of them were not so young and beautiful, and watching them carelessly bask in the French sun was like looking at my grandmother. I do love my sweet Nana, but I really could live without seeing her topless.
| Our apartment |
| The view from lunch |
Also up for debate: Austen and I may or may not have spotted Halle Berry today frolicking on the beach with her daughter. I'll let you be the judge of that... look verrry closely.
![]() |

No comments:
Post a Comment